Are there any restrictions in the way I promote the products?
As an affiliate, it is strictly forbidden to:
- Use unsolicited email (known as spam), pop-ups, pop-under, exit pages as well as any other techniques that obviously or secretly drive customers to the NonviolentCommunication.com platform.
- Replace, intercept, interfere with, hinder, disrupt or otherwise alter customer's access, fraudulent usage of other affiliate sites, including without limitation any click-through or track-based transaction.
- Place web links or any marketing support materials in newsgroups, message boards, unsolicited email and other types of spam, banner networks, counters, chat rooms, guest books, and IRC channels or through similar Internet resources.
- Place links in such manner that may (intentionally or unintentionally) mislead the customers.
- Make usage of a web link in bad faith or through fraudulent means, including, but not limited to, using any device, program, robot, inline frames, hidden frames, or redirects.
- Use automatic redirection to the NonviolentCommunication.com website or any automatic method for saving the tracking cookie of an affiliate.
Which links generate the most clicks and sales?
By far the graphical banner links to our main store page generate the most clicks and sales. The larger the banner the more clicks and sales it will generate. You can experiment with the various banners that we offer to see which one works best for your site.
Can I link to any page on NonviolentCommunication.com with my affiliate ID?
Yes, however if you want to link to any specific page on the site select 'Other' on 'Step 2: Link to a specific page' on the banner creator.
How do I generate buy links?
In order to generate buy links, you have to go to the Get Links area, which lists all the products that can be promoted, then select the desired product. Links can be generated for books, ebooks, booklets, eboklets, book packages, and ebook packages. See "How do I add a link to my site" below.
How do I link to NonviolentCommunication.com?
Login to “My Account” and click the “Affiliate Links” button. There you will find a number of different links including text links, buttons and banners that you can place on your web site, blog, forums signature or even in your emails.
You can create your own static or animated banners for free here: http://html5maker.com/
How do I add a link to my site?
Step 1 - Generate the Link HTML:
- After logging into your affiliate account, select the product for which you would like to make a link and visit that product's MORE INFO page.
- Below the small product image click the image for "Build a Link".
- The HTML code should appear underneath a large version of the book image.
- You can save a copy of the code below the image if you wish to use the image on your site OR save a copy of the code below where it says Text Version: if you don't want to use the image.
- If you wish to use the image on your site you can resize it by adding the
Step 2 - Add the code to your site:
There are many different systems of editing and adding pages to a website so unfortunately this guide cannot cover your specific example and we CANNOT provide technical assistance for modifying your website. Please contact your webmaster if you need this level of support.
- If you use a software editor on your computer where you can design the pages graphically, find the section where the HTML code is displayed for the page where you want to insert the code.
- Once this page is found using the software editor on your computer you should see a text document with all of the HTML tags shown e.g. <body>.
- The HTML code from Step 1 can now be copied somewhere within this source code depending on where you want the banner to show. This will be somewhere between the <body> and </body> tags and if you are unsure where to start, look for some content on the page which is near to the required location and use this a starting point for the insertion.
- If you edit your page online through a system such as WordPress, find the source code display for the page where you want to insert the code, or if this is not immediately obvious try searching Google for the name of your online editor and 'edit source'.
- The HTML code from Step 1 can now be copied somewhere within this source code depending on where you want the banner to show on the page. If you are unsure where to start, look for some content on the page which is near to the required location and use this a starting point for the insertion.
As time goes on we will be adding pre-made Banners you can use. You will find these in the Get Links area of your account.
If someone clicks on my affiliate banner/link, do they have to purchase right away in order for me to get credit for their signup?
No. The tracking cookies have a life-time of 30 days. We track each referral click for 30 days. As long as the user purchases within those 30 days, this referral will be credited to your unique affiliate id on our system so that when they purchase you will receive the commission.
Where can I use my referring links?
You may place referral links in almost any electronic medium except as listed above in "Are there any restrictions in the way I promote the products?"
Where on my site should I place the banners/links?
Many studies have shown that the areas on web pages that have the highest click through rates are located in the top-area of a site's home page, and that the top-right area may be the best position to receive the most click-throughs.
Will I get paid for banner impressions or visitors who do not make a purchase?
No, like most affiliate systems, all NonviolentCommunication.com affiliate earnings are based solely on a percentage of actual sales recorded from affiliate referrals.
Can I customize the order page look & feel?
No. Your affiliate referral is tracked by our system, but there is nothing that would indicate to the customer that their visit to our site is any different than they would have experienced if they had found us on their own.
COLLAPSE THIS VIEW