In this keynote address to a national conference of Montessori educators, Marshall Rosenberg describes his progressive, radical approach to teaching that centers on compassionate connection. Marshall describes the role that power and punishment play in our schools, and challenges educators to motivate students instead "by a reverence for life." Rosenberg's Nonviolent Communication (NVC) offers educators the tools to create exceptional learning environments. This is an exceptional resource for teachers, school counselors, school administrators, child care providers and others!
Teaching Children Compassionately will help you:
- Maximize the individual potential of all students
- Improve trust and connection in your classroom community
- Strengthen student interest, retention and connection to their work
- Find cooperation without using demands
- Improve classroom teamwork, efficiency and cooperation
International peacemaker, Marshall B. Rosenberg, Ph.D., is the founder of the Center for Nonviolent Communication, author of Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life, Speak Peace in a World of Conflict, Life-Enriching Education, and several booklets.